The Boulevard Centre
99 The Boulevard
The Youth Affairs Council of WA (YACWA) and the Youth Educating Peers (YEP) Project cordially invites you to the 2017 YACWA/YEP Every Body, Every Mind Summit: a WA Youth Sexual Health Sector Event.
This FREE Summit will bring together young people, youth services and the sexual health sector to explore, share and increase understanding and capacity to support WA young people around their youth sexual health needs in an ever-increasing and complex environment.
The objectives of this exciting event include:
1) Increasing the understanding of WA youth-specific programs and initiatives around the topic of sexual health and blood borne virus (SHBBVs) by:
– Sharing ‘better practice’ initiatives and strategies that currently exist for young people within a WA context
– Listening to the voices of young people who have lived experiences in SHBBV and would like to share their journey in accessing WA youth SHBBV specific services and programs
2) Increasing the capacity of the youth sector to better support WA young people regarding their SHBBV needs when they are engaged in community-based youth activities and services by:
– Exploring and understaning the complex and diverse needs of young people in the context of youth SHBBV issues
– Building a collective advocacy platform based on the needs and gaps of the WA youth sector to better support their young people regarding youth SHBBV issues
3) Provide an opportunity for the youth and sexual health sectors to network in order to build better collaboration and partnerships moving forward