93 Brisbane Street
This is an upcoming workshop for primary school staff and professionals who want to learn more about how to create safer and more inclusive environments for same-sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse (SSAIGD) students, staff and families.
This workshops will be hosted by Inclusive Education WA, a resource funded by the WA Department of Education to provide professional development and support to WA schools to better understand the unique needs of SSAIGD students within the primary school context.
Here is some information about the upcoming workshop:
Date: Thursday 9th August 2018
Time: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Location: Freedom Centre, 93 Brisbane St Perth
Cost: Free! Tea, Coffee and Catering provided
The training will cover:
- What supports and resources are available for WA schools and schools staff
- Exploring concepts, language and terminology
- Education, legal and policy frameworks
- Research on the experiences of same sex attracted and gender diverse young people in schools
- Good practice tips and strategies and ideas for kickstarting your safe school
- Resources and follow up support available
Places are limited this free session. To register attendance, click here.