Wed 14th March, Billy Dower Youth Centre
Wed 21st March, Foyer Oxford Leederville
Wed 28th March, headspace Midland
Inclusive Education WA is hosting three workshops across Perth for school staff who want to learn more about gender diversity in schools and how to best support trans and gender diverse students in the school context. This training is targeted at teachers, school leadership, school nurses, school psychologists, school chaplains, youth workers, social workers or any staff who work with or in schools.
Here is some information for each workshop:
Wednesday 14th March – Mandurah
Billy Dower Youth Centre, 14 Dower St, Mandurah 6210.
Wednesday 21st March – Leederville
Foyer Oxford, 196 Oxford St, Leederville 6007.
Wednesday 28th March – Midland
Headspace Midland, 64 Morrison Rd, Midland 6056
Please note: You are not required to attend every workshop; the workshops will contain the same content.
Each of the workshops will cover:
– What resources and supports are available for WA schools and school staff specifically around gender diversity.
– Terminology and Key concepts – what does transgender and gender diverse mean? How do I ensure I am using the right language when I am talking about gender diversity or supporting a trans or gender diverse person?
– Educational, policy and legal frameworks around gender diversity.
– Explore the current experiences of trans and gender diverse young people in Australian schools.
– Key tips and strategies that any school staff member can use to ensure their practice is inclusive of trans and gender diverse students.
– Follow-up support and time for questions and discussions.
Food, tea and coffee are also provided as part of each workshop.
To register, please clHERE